Planning- Scout locations for photo shoots

For my cover photo i knew i wanted a location that had very good lighting and a variety of scenarios that i could place my model in to have variety. I also wanted to see how the sunlight hit in every background to be able to decide which lighting looked better on her. I scouted Siesta Key Beach, Lido Key Beach, Urfer Park, and I also went to the models house and looked at her backyard as a possible location. Lido Key Beach had great lighting because of the large expanses of land with no trees for interruption , but it didnt have many choices for a background setting that would give me a professional feel to the photo. I really liked Urfer Park as a possible location because it has a nature trail that features a variety of flowers and trees that would look very nice behind the model. The outside lighting was also great. I didnt choose Urfer Park because my photos had too much of a nature feel which didnt match with my magazines theme. The models backyard was not chosen because it only had one possible background for the photos which was a wooden fence and the photos taken here felt less professional and not fit for a magazine cover. Lastly, I scouted Siesta Key Beach. This location had excellent natural lighting to give me a soft but professional photo feel. This beach also had a gorgeous large tree that i really liked for the photos. It also had a small field of some plants that provided a fresh feel to the photo. I chose this location because of those reasons and i believe it suits my magazines overall theme very well.

Comments

Popular Posts